Shift key is typing letters and numbers

Closed
smh construction - Nov 10, 2009 at 09:40 PM
martinlest Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2010 - Jan 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Hello,
my left shift key is typing letters and numbers like this /.MZC<XV when pressed, the right shift key is typing different letters like oUQEep. I rebooted and reinstalled nothing seams to help.
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 11, 2009 at 02:55 AM
Dear Sir,

Please try looking if there has been any functions assigned to it. This might be

the source of the problem. Please remove the functions one by one for fixing it

up. Also indicate on which application this problem is occurring so that we can

provide you with an accurate solution.

Thanks in advance.
smh construction
Nov 11, 2009 at 06:37 AM
HEY LOISSTEPH, SORRY FOR TYPING IN CAPS BUT AS I SAID THE SHIFT KEY IS NOT WORKING, HOW DO I CHECK IF THERE IS A FUNCTION ASSIGNED TO THE SHIFT KEY, THE PROBLEM EXIST WHERE EVER YOU LIKE TO TYPE TEXT, FROM THE FIRST SIGN IN PASSWORD TO START WINDOWS TO EXPLORER TO NOTE PAD.
Anyone find a solution to this? My shift keys produce exactly the same string of characters as the original poster.

Martin
martinlest Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2010
Jan 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM
BTW, this happens even after wiping XP and during the XP setup/reinstallation process. Replaced the keyboard witrh a brand new one - and it still does the same thing!

Martin