USB kbd does not repsond for login

Closed
jcipale Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2008 - Aug 24, 2008 at 07:30 PM
Zennon4 Posts 12 Registration date Thursday May 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 - Aug 25, 2008 at 07:42 AM
Hello,

I am having a peculir problem with a Logitech Kbd and Windows XP on a home network.

After a user logs out of a session, a 2nd user will attempt to login in, select their login icon but when the test box appears, the user is unable to enter text(passwd info) into the text box. If the user restarts the workstation, they can login in normally. When the 2nd user logs out, the keyboard is stuck in a non-responsive mode unless the workstation is rebooted.

I have tried using a PS2 keyboard, a USB-to-PS2 adapter and swapped USB ports for the Kbd and mouse with no luck.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Related:

1 response

Zennon4 Posts 12 Registration date Thursday May 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009
Aug 25, 2008 at 07:42 AM
hi there,

have you log off or you switch user? its a bit rare the problem you have must say never heard about that or encountered this kind of problem but what can i tell you is delete the password in the user account for the problematic one and then reput another one. if its still not good then try to reapir the windows registry using the windows cd.

hope it will help you