Re install windows xp restart

Closed
BATMAN - Nov 26, 2009 at 06:08 AM
 BATMAN - Nov 26, 2009 at 08:03 AM
Hello,
When reformat and install of windows xp in a ( don't laugh) compaq desktop everything seems to go fine untill it gets to the windows screen that says installing windows ( not setup) it will go for a minute or so then rastart and the process starts all over. I have tried the 12 disc's that were burned from the computer when purchased (the restore cause compaq does not give an XP disc) and i tried a XP disc. It will also ahow unable to copy a file but that file name will change each time i try an install. Any help woukd be great.

thanks Batman
Related:

2 responses

kamli4u Posts 46 Registration date Wednesday November 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011 20
Nov 26, 2009 at 06:17 AM
Dear

pls tell us Model No. & Serial No.

thanks
Thanks for the response it is a Presario sr1703wn
batman
Blocked Profile
Nov 26, 2009 at 06:35 AM
First of all i will not laugh at your Desktop but at your name, and secondly your cd drive is how much X ? To get a clean install your cd drive should be at least 44X...
thanks for your response the drive says cdrw ultra speed i am pulling the paperwork now to see the info from compaq and when i turned the computer on to open the drive the windows install page came up the one that say " WINDOWS XP A FRESH NEW LOOK" please insert cd prompt