Monitor not working

Closed
Scotsnomad Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2009 - Nov 30, 2009 at 04:44 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 1, 2009 at 02:28 AM
Hello,

I recently put Windows Ultimate on my PC, when re-installing some of my progs avast indicated a virus and as far as Im aware I thought that I had deleted it. Later at work I checked my hotmail account and noticed a lot of failed messages on the account..I put this down to the virus.

When I got home in the morning I tried to log into my pc and thats as far as I have got. The screen on my monitor when black.

Attempting to resolve the matter I tried various methods, however during one attempt I noticed that if i pushed the power button on the monitor off and then back on the monitor worked before going black again. Each time I pressed off/on I saw it again, by doing this I attempted to resolve the problem.

Im stuck as to what may be wrong and how I can resolve it fully.

Subsequently as a last attempt I downloaded Wipe Drive 5 for the full 'ditch and start' again.

Just hoping that someone else has an idea what the likely problem is before I go down that avenue....

thanks
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 1, 2009 at 02:28 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider checking whether the 15 pin monitor cable is well plugged.

Also try using another graphic card and checking whether the motherboard

is not faulty.

Thanks in advance.