Ethernet controler

Closed
wayner824 - Dec 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 1, 2009 at 01:22 PM
Hello,
I seem to be having the same problem as many. I've reformated my hard drive and now my ethernet contorler won't install or work. I've tried everything but since I can't connect to the internet to update a driver I'm not having much luck. It says my Windows XP CD does not have information of this driver. I can't even find out what driver ethernet modem I have. Its a HP computer and I think a PCI brand. I've installed Driver detective etc. but its not telling me what I have and of course I cannot connect to the internet to update OR install! Anyone with an IDEA? I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Seriously Frustrated!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 1, 2009 at 01:22 PM
If you downgraded to Windows XP from Vista you will have problems finding a driver since HP does not support XP on most of it's newer computers. I suggest you search this forum of more info. There are hundreds of posts on this issue. Windows 7 should work just fine.

Good Luck