How to Uninstall Personal Security Antivirs s

Closed
Highheels - Dec 1, 2009 at 08:22 PM
 PC Security - Dec 1, 2009 at 09:04 PM
Hello,

I got rid of this horrifying virus and it was easier than expected. It popped up on my screen saying that I had several viruses on my computer and would I like to scan my computer.....I foolishly hit scan and downloaded a virus to my own computer. Then it had the nerve to keep popping up and taking over every website i tried to get on and wanted me to pay a fee to get rid of it. Total scam.

I got two great pieces of advice over the internet:

First, download Malwarebytes anti-Maleware Software. It's free. Doing this allowed me to visit sites like Facebook, etc that were being blocked. However, the program still was not removed and it popped up but just as a reminder. Which is why the next step is very important and necessary and simple and effective!

Second, do a System Restore ( I know...so easy) Click All Programs, Accesories, System tools, System restore. Then choose a date prior to the date of the virus, Your computer will be restored to a healthier time!

It's easy and it worked!

Breathe.
Related:

1 response

I just found a nice set of instruction on how to remove Personal Security from your computer manually.

http://webtoolsandtips.com/...