Vista Upgrade Blank Screen

Closed
Bob - Aug 27, 2008 at 08:19 PM
 Jim - Mar 27, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Hello,

Dell Inspirion 1505S Upgraded to Vista. Wireless cared failed. Tried Belkan Wireless card. PC accepted "upgrade". Then notified me of updates (mid August 2008). I authorized the updates. The computer rebooted. Now it will not boot at all. Power lights come on for 2-3 seconds then go dark. I called Dell. Warranty expired.... but a tech retold me it was likely a motherboard failure. I question that as it failed immediately after/during Vista update. They told me to hold the Fn key down and power up. No change. Initiallly I would get 1 light on and two flicker. But the end was the same, it powers down. Nothing an the screen. I dissembled it and cleaned the contacts of the various components. (reassembled it, I had experience with this on the Inspirion as my daughter has one and I have had to replace several components ...rough handling...) No overt damage noted. No change. Any ideas..... Thank you

2 responses

Thank you. I will try this. But I first have to find a way to get the laptop to boot. I am using an older laptop and Ubuntu/Linux. The one I am trying to fix for my Father is running VISTA (he upgraded from XP). I am unable to get it to respond at all. Is there a way to load the file without it booting??
Did you ever get your problem resolved. I am currently having the same problem. if so, how did you fix it

Jim
recommendspc Posts 15 Registration date Monday August 4, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 6
Aug 28, 2008 at 08:57 AM
well i think the driver you have installed on the laptop isnt compatible with windows vista try to download this driver using this link and see what it does :

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=ed&l=en&s=bsd&releaseid=R142984&SystemID=INS_PNT_1501&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=11159&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=20&fileid=190809