Running application wihout log in

Closed
Ngl - Aug 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM
 BSk - Jul 21, 2009 at 03:16 AM
Hello,

I have an application vb 6.0, how can I running the application automatically when windows startup (without login to windows). So, when the windows is start then the application will be running automatically.

Please give me the solution how to make it.

Thanx

5 responses

Anybody can help me.....

In my case, i'm just want the application will be run as like service. So, the application will be run automatically when the windows start. If I start the my windows then the application will be run, and I'm still not log in to windows

Thanx.
This might be a simple solution.....

Option 1:
Open Control Panel
Open Performance and Maintenence,
Scheduled Tasks.
Add Scheduled Task
Find or Browse to the application you need to run.
Select: Perform this task (o When My Computer Starts)
Add the Admin Credentials.

Option 2: (Wont work on XP Home)
Run:
GPEDIT.MSC
Expand Computer Configuration_Windows Settings_Scripts
Double Click Startup, And Browse to application.
You may need to create a batch file to do this.

Let me know if this works.

Dave
Lapdog > Lapdog
May 10, 2009 at 09:26 PM
I forgot to mention, that when you add a scheduled task, by default the task terminates after 72 hours. You may want to uncheck that box if it applies
windows resource kit, has a tool that lets you register an exe as a windows service.

-sc
hi there, thats impossible because the OS physically has no station to run on because there is not a user logged in.
rob > bob boy
Apr 8, 2009 at 05:14 AM
apache does it... no user logged in; just sitting at the log in screen - waiting for a user to log in. it is set up as a local system service. presumably if the app is set to run as a local system service - it starts prior to login
There is a wonderful program called "Auto power on and shutdown.exe" which you can download, which after installing allows you to run any number of programs/applications without even logging into any particular user account.

It also wakes-up the computer from hibernate mode at a particular time to start the application!
Thanx for your reply, but I wanna running the application automatically without log in to windows.

If I have to add a program shortcut in the startup folder then the application just will be running if somebody user log in to windows. But in my case I want running without log in (before somebody user log in to windows)

Thanx
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Aug 29, 2008 at 03:41 AM
So, sorry! I misunderstood your question. But now, I have no answer to give you.
Hope somebody else will help you.
Best regards

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Aug 29, 2008 at 02:18 AM
Hello,
You have to add a program shortcut in the startup folder.
The Startup folder is listed in Programs, accessed from the Start button. Click Start >Programs and scroll down until you see the folder labeled Startup.
Double-click it to open its contents window then now you have to add the application shortcut by Copying/Pasting your application desktop shortcut icon into there.
Then the next time you boot Windows, your application will open automatically.

Best regards