Wifi driver problam

Closed
ravi - Aug 31, 2008 at 01:15 AM
 leo - Oct 8, 2011 at 07:48 AM
Hello,

i have dell vostro 1500 and since i reinstall windows vista, the wifi device is shows disable, in the device manager the other device shows ( network controller ) it cant be update or install, i have the system drivers cd but it cant catch any one of them. Please help me to solve this

system dell vostro 1500
1.44 ghz
2.0 gb ram
wifi bluetooth
Related:

1 response

aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Aug 31, 2008 at 03:19 AM
Hello,
Every drivers, you need for you Dell laptop, is on Dell support website : http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=VOS_N_1500&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=
Download and install it.
Best regards
For Dell Vostro 1500 device wirless driver you need to download the following driver from this location as its not available in your resource CD.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/Dell_multi-device_A17_R174291.exe

If you find any problem in this you can drop me a mail or can contact me on my blog.

Hope this gives you a help.
hi the link is given by you is not supported by windows vista. if you have any for this please send to me.
thanks in advance.
Castro > saqii
Jul 1, 2009 at 08:46 AM
I have a Dell vostro A860, I changed the OS from vista to Windows XP. I have installed all the drivers except the Wireless network card. All I try tells me not compatible. Please can you help
Thanks
lverkeyn > saqii
Sep 5, 2009 at 05:38 PM
THANK YOU!
I woke up to the BSOD with unmountable boot drive this morning. After several attempts to repair, with no luck I decided to bite the bullet, and lose everything with a clean install using Dell's supplied discs.
Clean install went fine, but when I reinstalled the aplications cd from dell, and thought everything would be fine, I realized the dell wireless card was no longer available.

After downloading and installing everything on Dells site for my model (vostro 1500) there was still no wireless card in the device manager.

HOURS upon HOURS later I came across this post. I downloaded the file above, and I now can connect to my wireless network!!
WHY the heck do they not include this in the cd... or even on the Driver/download page for this model???
I am interested to know about your post