Flash disk

Closed
Blocked Profile - Aug 31, 2008 at 03:19 AM
 asd - Dec 16, 2008 at 02:20 AM
Hello,

I am a university student and I usually use the computers at school to download some projects online. Last week, I connected my flash disk to one of the computers on the network and saved a project on my flash disk. The content was still visible on that computer but when I connected it in my computer at home, it seemed as if my whole flash disk had been formatted. And I really need my proje
Related:

1 response

mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Aug 31, 2008 at 04:07 AM
HI THERE

OK PROBABLY UR SYSTEM DOES NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED DRIVER TO DETECT THE FALSH DRIVE OR / AND UR SYTEM IS NOT CONFIGURED TO AUTO DETECT THE USB (FLASH)

i will divide the steps in two parts you first try the part 'A' if things dont wont then go to part 'B"

A) SYSTEM DOES NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED DRIVER TO DETECT THE FALSH DRIVE

go to start menu>settings>control panel>add new hardware device

the wizad will guide ur to install new harware device the system auto searches the new device if not then pls browrse and select the drive (commonly named as removable drive)

after intalltion restart ur machine and now plug in ur flash drive

B) go to start menu>setting>contol Panel>administrative tools>component setrvices>sevice (local)

ther will be alist of contols to the right side of the window

look out for the plau and play contol

right click on it and select properties

select the start up type automatic

click apply then ok

now restart ur system and then plu in ur flash drive

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
India
sir,

i am a university student & i bought a 4 GB kingston usb drive. i connected it to one of my lab computers and it stoped working. now it won't open & cannot be formatted. the windows detect the usb drive and shows the disk created. please tell me about some software to format it so that i can re use it.

waiting for ur answer.