Windows XP Home Edition SP3: Keeps Restarting

Closed
BigEagle9 - Dec 11, 2009 at 05:40 PM
BigEagle9 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 12, 2009 - Dec 12, 2009 at 02:43 PM
Hello,
I have a HP Pavilion dv5170 laptop; that is running Windows XP Home Edition SP3. Everytime that I reboot the system, it continues to restart, and I get a Blue Screen for only a second (something that I can't read in time to find out what it says and that happens, over and over again. I've used the HP Recovery Disc's (there are 2 of them), to try and reinstall the Default Applications and it's drivers (Original Factory Installation). But when I restart after installing, nothing seems to be fixed. It continues to restart and repeat the same actions as it has done before. What do I do? Please help me....
Related:

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Dec 12, 2009 at 06:41 AM
hi there,

please give more information on the bsod code displayed

Thanks
BigEagle9 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 12, 2009
Dec 12, 2009 at 02:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm unable to view the error code on that Blue Screen of Death. I haven't been able to see what's on the page; it disappears too quickly. Although, I am getting to the Diagnostics Page (Safe Mode with Networking, Command Prompt, etc.) but every time that I choose one of the options, it just restarts, showing that Windows XP is loading for about 25 seconds, then the Blue Screen of Death and then it starts all over again. Now, when I choose to start Windows normally; it'll show that either I'm missing or the file is corrupt: HAL.DLL

Also, Boot.ini is not showing up in (C:\WINDOWS\pss), folder. Nor the ntldr file (C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386) or ntdetect.com located in the same exact folder as the ntldr file. I found that out after booting up with the Hiren CD that I created on another computer. My Windows XP Home Edition Software, came Embedded with the laptop and the only thing that they recommended that I do for Backup reasons, was to implement their HP's, PC Recovery System - which I followed their directions, in burning 2 (two) DVD's.

Can you please help me out?!?

Thank you,

M. Eagle