Laptop keys not working

Closed
annie - Dec 17, 2009 at 04:10 AM
urmiz Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2016 - Mar 18, 2016 at 04:20 AM
Hello,
My is just few yrs,few of its keys like 6,8,4,p and z occasionally doesn't function properly.but when I leave my laptop like that for some time it starts functioning again.what can be the possible reason for this problem and how can I fix it. thank u
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 17, 2009 at 04:16 AM
Dear Annie,

Please check whether there is no dust blocking it and restricting

it to work properly and also check whether there is no virus

infection causing the problem.

Thanks in advance.
dear iveal,
thank u for your reply but I have already tried all that but of no use,can it be something related with the bios
urmiz Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2016
Mar 18, 2016 at 04:20 AM
hi,I have been having the same problems where only a few number keys were not working at all..I tried fn + f`11 and it became fine for some days then again same problem.
I took a fresh clean postit paper(stickon) and folded the paper to give it smooth surface at the edges, cleaned the keypads slowly..specially the area of number keys..put it slightly inside the no.keys n it started working..i think the dirts got accumulated there..u can try this only if ur on screen keyboard is working...then thz no software problem..let me know if it worked or not..
good luck!