Restore or format gateway harddrive

Closed
Mint One Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2009 - Dec 23, 2009 at 09:05 AM
lfefil Posts 60 Registration date Monday December 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2009 - Dec 23, 2009 at 09:24 AM
Hello,
Hello,
I would like to format my hard drive. I have done so in the past and it was a simple procedure. I just forgot the steps. I have hit alt and F2 and F10 and I find everything BUT the question 'Do you want to format your hard drive?" like I have in the past. Please help me. I have an old Gateway PC purchased in 2002, the model# is a 500x. Windows XP home ed. I DO NOT have a restoration CD what I DO have are the three CD's- blue, red and yellow (operating system, driver and applications) Please help me. I have formatted this PC in the past and rebooted using the CD's and it has reverted back to the same as the day i purchased it. Thank you!! PLease Help
Ernie
Related:

1 response

lfefil Posts 60 Registration date Monday December 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2009 10
Dec 23, 2009 at 09:24 AM
are you sure its a xp bootable disk? or recovery disk? if you want to format your drive? then let me know how many drive you have and which drive you want to format? for installing new xp you want to format the drive? if so then just insert the bootable xp disk to your cd drive then start computer then go for bios then select advance bios feature then go for first boot device and change the value by pressing +/- or page up/ page down selec cd rom and then hit f10 it save the setting and let your computer restart after that your computer getting restart and you will see boot from cd rom... hit when dot (.) is comming and then you were able to boot from cd after that it load the main files and after that it ask you to repair or install the copy. hit enter to contineu setup after that it detect the older version and again tell you to repair press "r" at that time just hit Esc key and then press enter after that you see your drive hit on c drive and then you will get the format option. after you complete formating it automaticaly copy new files and after that it restart again and after restarting this time dont hit when it shows boot from cd rom... let computer boot it self after that you have to complete the instalation by fallowing the instruction. hope this will help you out. if not msg me at lfefil on yahoo