Unable to show desktop icons

Solved/Closed
megahrtz - Dec 31, 2009 at 09:50 PM
 yinka - Jul 5, 2011 at 06:09 AM
I'm having this problem for a while now, I didn't have the chance to do system restore because i'm so busy, I forgot about the issue. Everything is working fine, I mean I can right click on the desktop, change the wall paper and everything, but no desktop icons. I have already tried to do the show desktop, clicked on run then typed explorer, and tried to use the recovery console (Unfortunately, it's not user friendly so it didn't do anything.) but still no desktop icons show. I can only access the desktop icons using the toolbar option. Any other ideas on how to resolve this?? I don't want to do system recovery. H E L P ! ! ! !
Related:

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 3, 2010 at 02:33 AM
Dear Sir,

If the desktop icons are missing, please have them appearing

by right clicking on the desktop and get to Arrange Icons By.

From there select Show Desktop Icons. Otherwise if it is the

Quick Launch Icons that you need, please right click on the

taskbar and get to Toolbars abd select Quick Launch.

Thank you.
Blocked Profile
Jan 2, 2010 at 04:45 AM
Dear Sir,

Please have the problem fixed by following the

below steps:

Show desktop icon missing

Thank you.
megahrtz Posts 7 Registration date Thursday December 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2010 2
Jan 3, 2010 at 02:11 AM
this refers to the quick launch icon that is missing. The one I need is to show all of the desktop icons that are not appearing on my desktop. It just shows the wallpaper but no icons at all.
ash_perez01

Thanks a lot
megahrtz Posts 7 Registration date Thursday December 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2010 2
Jan 4, 2010 at 02:17 AM
Thanks very much! Problem solved!
Blocked Profile
Jan 4, 2010 at 02:19 AM
Dear Megahrtz,

You're welcomed. Thanks for making use of the

forum for solving the problems that you get.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
it worked.great solution