Dell Wireless WLAN Card has stopped Working

Solved/Closed
Eddie - Sep 8, 2008 at 08:40 AM
kryptonsamsung Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2014 - May 28, 2014 at 02:45 AM
Hello,
my Dell Wireless WLAN card wireless network controller stopped working and was closed" This pops up when I turn on my comp. Its a dell 1520 inspiron with vista home . Any ideas on how to fix?
Related:

5 responses

I had this same problem with my Dell XPS. Chances are you computer has the same problem. If you haven't fixed it yet I have some problem solvers for you.

1. You're not running the latest drivers. (Easy installation)
2. It may not be your WLAN Card at all. It could be that your laptop is overheating and your computer responds to save your motherboard from overheating. Your card might just stop working because of this.

Where is your laptop located? On a desk or some sort of flat surface?
Do you have a fan running underneath it?
The driver update is the most likely thing to fix it.
rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Feb 5, 2010 at 05:54 PM
hi! I have discovered that sometimes, disabling the network adapter then re-enabling and re-entering the wep/psk key can restore it.
what if the network adapter does not appear in the network connections?
Yes this works - thanks
i using dell studio 1450 and find out that having the same problem where my WLAN will automatically disconnected intermediately. Any one had solve this problem?
yes I have the same problem
My dw1525 disconnects constantly.... brand new dell, I wish it had a ethernet port
rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Feb 27, 2010 at 09:25 AM
just had the same problem with a sony vaio, replaced the card and its all ok now.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hi eddie, I am having the same problem with my dell 1525 inspiron. my internet will not work at all and that same message about the WLAN card keeps popping up. did you ever fix it? if so how? thanks
GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 45
Dec 8, 2008 at 03:07 PM
make sure your laptop doesn't have manual radio off switches and you are running latest version of drivers
showchoir mom > GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008
Feb 3, 2010 at 01:09 AM
Where do I find the wireless radio to turn it on for the Dell Ispiron 2200?
Hey I had the same problem with my 1525 and after hours of frustration I uninstalled my wireless router and then reinstalled it and now it works like brand new again. I have no idea what caused the problem but this fixed it for me.
Also check if you are running firewall software on your laptop - if so, turn it off and see if that helps things.
My wireless problem is that it takes about 3 connect/disconnect attempts manually to find the wireless router sitting 5 ft away. I tethered with my iPhone and it works fine on the first try - so I'm pretty sure its my drivers. I'm running windows 7.
Problem is - it won't let me update the drivers. I tried through Dell, and through the device drivers update screen with the same result - a message saying something about unable to update drivers try troubleshooting. Any ideas?
how exactly do I reinstall after uninstalling when there is no netwok connection??