Turns off without warning

Closed
aln - Jan 7, 2010 at 10:34 PM
jms22726 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday January 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 - Jan 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Hello,
i aquired an acer Aspire One ZG5 net book from a friend. it has been exposed to negative temps. (Fahrenheit). When I power it on i get to a screen where it says
"Checking file system on C: the type of file system is fat32.
one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency." it also give me the option to skip it. either way (if i skip it or not) my computer promptly shuts off with no warning and does not restart. sometimes XP actually boots all the way but then it still shuts off. anywhere from 30 sec- to 3 min of uptime it will shut off..can anyone give me sum insight to what may be happinen? i dont think it is a xindows problem because if i enter the setup (F2) and let it sit in that mode it still shuts off. and i cant get it apart for sum reason..
thanks

1 response

jms22726 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday January 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 1
Jan 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM
hey aln, you have go with that disk checking option or not....?...if not than go with that
and some other way to short out it you have to go with "safe mode" (by pressing the F10 or F12 at boottime) and selecting the os manually....and after that checkout may be you got the solution with that...!