Graphic card for compaq 510 core 2 duo

Closed
jeet - Jan 15, 2010 at 12:23 AM
 dipak - Jan 14, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Hello,
this is jeet
just want to know that I have compaq 510 core 2 duo with 2 gb ram 320 gb hard disk 2ghz speed. I have partitioned my hard disk and had loaded both xp and windows 7 on it . now when I try to play games over it I unable to do so . plz help me do I need to change my graphic card as recommended by friends if yes then how or else what should I do ? waiting for reply
Related:

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 15, 2010 at 01:01 AM
Dear Jeet,

Having your graphic card can be a simple task. Upgrading it is a good solution since it will bring up your PC to a better performance. However you should have the actual one identified first. This can easily be carried out by getting to the Device Manager. The next step is getting to its official website and having it updated.

Yet you can also have the graphic card renewed. Please obtain the complete instructions of how to carry out this task in the following provided Kioskea FAQ articles which will be very helpful to you.

Choosing the graphic card is also another issue and the choice should be made basing yourself on its performance. Well, obtain more information and the steps to completing the task through the below links:

Update my graphic cards

Renew your graphics card

Choosing the graphics card based on its reference

Updating your graphics card driver

Thanks.
You cant install external VGA card on a Compaq 510, Its inbuilt graphic processor GMX 3100 gives very low graphic performance. Adding more RAM wont do any good in context of graphic quality.
There is an option dear! yes playing without graphics card with help of graphic card emulator

search for swiftshader and 3d analyze in google to play without graphic card.
Hi
raj here , I have also an 510 laptop. but it has the same problem. when I wants to play some simple games like car race-2 graphics also not supported , but in my office pc it is running well, though that pc has P4 processor. I have also helpless, I sure compaq 510 is worst laptop in india
hi
i'm sumit bharadwaj I have compaq 510.i am not using my wabcame and
some large game. it's not supported by my graphics card .plz sir tall me any
solution.thanks.
Blocked Profile
Oct 19, 2010 at 02:13 PM
Hey there, please provide more information over the issue. It could simply be that need to have the graphic card's driver updated or still the webcam's driver has not been installed. Please confirm!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Yeah, it is probably because of the VGA(Graphic Card).
Compaq 510 wasn't designed for games, so its normal if u can't play games that need high graphic.

I don't know if u can, because for some notebooks, u cannot change the VGA, but if u can, u need to upgrade ur RAM(Memory) as well, because 2GB isn't sufficient for good gaming.

I have another way to play games, but u can only play in the lowest quality(or u can't).

It is called 3D Analyzer, 3D analyzer is Virtual Graphic Card, just try it and u will know :)
Cheers.
Objection! I have played the following games on this laptop and they run freely with nice performance:
1.project IGI
2.IGI 2
3.NFS Underground 2
4.NFS Most wanted
5.NFS Carbon
6. Wanted weapons of fate
7.Doom 3
8.Return to castle wolfenstien

these are the most popular games of there time