A graphic card
ise required when using heavy graphics functions such as playing video games etc. It may become necessary to update the graphics card
of a computer if there are problems with playing video intensive applications or games. Updating the graphic card driver
is one method to solve the problem. It is easy to find out the model of the graphics card installed through the hardware settings tab of the Windows operating system. For ATI and NVIDIA graphic cards
, it is possible to download graphic cards device drivers for free
from the ATI and NVIDIA official websites.
Looking for a better performing graphics card or your current one is not functioning properly? This article tells you how to upgrade your graphics card:
Update driver for your Graphic Cards.
The first and most important thing to do before making any update, is detecting the brand and models of your graphic cards.
Detecting marks and models
There are many ways to collect this information. Below are two ways of detecting marks and models of your graphics card.
- Right click on your desktop and select Properties.
- In the Display Properties, select Settings > Advanced.
- Right click on My Computer and select Manage.
- Then double click on Device Manager .
- In the open window, click on Display adapters.
Proceed with Update
- To proceed with the update of your graphics card, go to websites below :
- If your graphics card is an ATI, follow this link:
- Download the driver and run the new application for the automatic update to take place.
- If the your graphics card is a Nvidia, follow this link and download the driver :
- One last thing; don't forget to have the latest DirectX version installed on your PC, in order to play the recent games.
This document, titled « Update my graphic card's drivers », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM