How do i remove an authorised programme from

Closed
eagle - Jan 15, 2010 at 01:32 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 15, 2010 at 02:37 AM
Hello,
i got a security tool programme on my pc which wanted to help check if i had virus on my pc later it scanned automatically and said it found a trojan and some bull ..shit on my pc i was then told topay to remove the viruses and so on but i was asked to pay i didnt trust or asked for the company security tool to just pop up on my pc i went to the programmes i cant find the icon to deinstall i went to menu it is there i delete each time but comes back my pc is always poping securtiy icons disturbing my visualitiy help me pls what should i do

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 15, 2010 at 02:37 AM
Dear Eagle,

There are some fake anti virus applications that get installing its trial on your PC and then give fake scans that your computer is infected and in order to remove these viruses, you will have to get it registered and pay for obtaining the possibility to remove the viruses.

This is a normal scam and sometimes it even blocks access to the Control Panel so that you don't get the possibility to remove the software. If the access hasn't been blocked, get to Add/Remove Software and hence get the application removed.

Yet most of these scams do not allow you to remove it completely and the best way to have it removed will be having the system restored to a previous date where the software wasn't yet installed on your computer. Please get tio Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools and select System restore and follow the simple instructions in the wizard.

Thanks in advance.