Dvd rom tips?

Closed
kailouche Posts 13 Registration date Saturday September 13, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 - Sep 14, 2008 at 09:51 AM
Xmaniac Posts 32 Registration date Tuesday September 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2008 - Sep 14, 2008 at 11:09 AM
Hello,
well im thinking about changing my dvd rom and putting one integrated with lightscribe can anyone tell me whats the real purpose of lightscribe?
my brother told me that with lightscribe technology it uses monochromatic light to read special discs is it true?
thanks for your interest
Related:

1 response

Xmaniac Posts 32 Registration date Tuesday September 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2008 3
Sep 14, 2008 at 11:09 AM
Hi..

Your brother has got it a bit wrong..

Lightscribe is a somewhat newer technology. It uses the same laser that writes data on the disc to etch an image onto the top of the disc. The image cannot be etched in color, however, they do offer several different colors of discs. I personally have seen red, green, and yellow.

I would not recommend lightscribe to any of my customers though. I have notice that those that use it more frequently typically have a higher failure rate on their optical drives. Which leads me to believe the lightscribe feature somehow destroys the drive.