Computer wont start windows XP

Closed
Mike - Jan 18, 2010 at 07:30 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 18, 2010 at 05:50 PM
Hello,

When I start my computer it boots up normally until I get a black screen that says "Sorry for the inconvienence your computer was shut down......... it then gives several options:

1) several safe mode options. If i try this it then shows a bunch of file names then stops, then doesn't do anything
2) Normal and Last known config. If I try this then Windows begins to load then the screen goes blank for about 1 minute then reboots and cycles over again till I get the "Sorry for the inconv......" screen again.

This computer is not conected to the internet and is used to operate production equipment.

Hard drive or Windows need repair? any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 18, 2010 at 05:50 PM
It does appear that the copy of Windows was damaged in some way. This could be because the hard drive is beginning to fail. First re-install Windows and then test the hard drive.

Good Luck