Windows Hanging, please help

Closed
sen_texas Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2008 - Sep 18, 2008 at 11:32 PM
sen_texas Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2008 - Sep 19, 2008 at 03:03 PM
Dear All,

I am a newbie to the whole concept of Windows Recovery. My desktop (very old one) has Windows XP, and Office and has some very important and old documents of my family history, which is very vital.

Yesterday, my mom was starting the computer, it went to the screen where it says Windows XP Professional and then it went to the screen where the background (in our case, a default Windows Flower picture) was there, and then it hangs. The cursor and the hourglass moves but that is all.

I have never messed with registry and would like to know what is wrong. I tried to find the explorer.exe file and it is not there.

Please please help

Sen
Related:

2 responses

jennyclinton77 Posts 7 Registration date Thursday May 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2008 5
Sep 19, 2008 at 05:14 AM
hello sen,

i will try to help you but can you tell me if you have an installation cd for windows?

if yes then you should be able to repair the windows with the windows cd using the recovery console and if this doesnt work then rewrite here on the forum i will try to find an alternative for you
sen_texas Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2008
Sep 19, 2008 at 03:03 PM
I will try to use the repair CD as you have suggested. I have the Windows CD, as you have asked

Thank you

Jenny clinton.