Windows xp cant start

Closed
Nave =) - Jan 26, 2010 at 05:34 PM
BobbieDe Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2010 - Jan 27, 2010 at 07:58 PM
Hello,
My acer laptop runs on windows xp pro, and just recently it crashed. When i turn the power, it starts normal and then a screen comes up saying windows could not start and gives a few options. They are : start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, start normally, or revert to last good config. I have tried all these options but after the xp loading screen i get a black screen with the cursor. The operating sys has not actually started, and i cant get anything done by normal means like task manager. I dont have a windows disk to repair or remote boot. Any ideas on what i can do to fully boot windows?
Related:

2 responses

BobbieDe Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2010
Jan 26, 2010 at 06:25 PM
When I turned on my computer with XP in it this morning, only the background, icons on desktop, start and three of the icons on right side were showing. The mouse, Norton and a picture of a Monitor. Nothing at all works. I tried shutting it off but no help.I was told SP3 update may have been trying to load into the computer and I interrupted it and to just leave it on. Now everything disappeared but the background and curser. Also the two lights under the power are on. One on top is solid and bottom is blinking occasionally. I was also told that's a good sign.The curser is also on the screen and moves. The Computer is a 2003 Intel Celeron 1.7GHZ 40Gig Hard Drive,256MB and added 512MB to it. I don't have a lot of programs in the computer.
Thank You
BobbieDe Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2010
Jan 27, 2010 at 07:58 PM
Also the day before I had this message from Norton 360. Norton 360 is performint a background task. Full system scan in progress. This was on all day and never went off the computer. Could this have caused the problem and what do I do about it. This is 24 hours later and now I gained two icons on the taskbar right hand side but still can't do anything and it keeps disappearing and appearing. Most of the time I only have the background and it is still blinking on and off like it's downloading something. Please can anyone help me.