XP Continuing to reboot?

Closed
Cgon510 - Jan 27, 2010 at 06:11 PM
 Cgon510 - Jan 27, 2010 at 06:38 PM
Hello, everybody!

Recently my son has apparently destroyed our families computer! We are using a Dell Dimension 4700 running on windows xp, and for some reason the computer seems to be stuck on a constant reboot. It will start and then automatically go into a black screen that reads: "We apologize for this inconvenience, but windows did not start..." and it then allows me to choose between 5 options safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt, last good configuration or start windows normally... the point is regardless of what you select it ultimately restarts its self to the boot screen! a bit irritating, anything will help and thanks alot!
Related:

2 responses

I believe this is due to the computer being shut down or restarted while a windows update is taking place. Recently i encountered the same thing.

I asked around, there didn't seem to be much i could do, except to boot up with your windows cd, & reinstall windows.

Hope this helps...
yeah thats kinda what where figuring, but I dont seem to have the disk anymore, anyway i can just download it from another computer and put it on a disk? if someone could get me the link to it that would be perfect, thanks again for any help!