Sims 2 on Windows 7

Closed
karaiwashi - Jan 28, 2010 at 12:22 AM
 rosie - Jul 12, 2011 at 03:46 PM
2 errors:

1.) I've installed The Sims 2 successfully and it won't run on normal, administrator or compatibility mode. Error says there are compatibility issues.

2.) When I start the game, it looks for a CD even if the CD is still there.
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 28, 2010 at 01:43 AM
Dear Sir,

This might be caused by the fact that the system requirements are not being met. Please check for the issue through the below method:

https://ccm.net/faq/1709-how-to-check-the-compatibility-of-a-game-online

Thanks.
Make sure that you have any virus protection software turned off when you load the software. I could not install it correctly until I did this.
Yes same goes to me. The sims2 installation in window 7 is great for few years, but the window crash and I have this problem after reformat my pc. Now with reformatted window 7, the games graphic is not as great. Previously , when I create a building I can see the nearest building or scenary as well, now after reformat i cant see anything except a field (tested the game before installing university).
After installing university, the games started having problem and it says has compatible issue, so i cant continue with reinstalling other expansion packs i had and wonder if i can play the game anymore.
Not sure why after reformatting window 7 the games has problem with installation.