- Laptop will not boot
- Toshiba satellite laptop won't boot past toshiba screen ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- My Toshiba laptop won't boot ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Toshiba laptop cannot reach login screen ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Toshiba Satellite A665-S8170 Problem booting - Forum - Laptop
- Acer laptop won't boot past acer screen ✓ - Forum - Windows
This is caused by a dc-dc converter that is used as a standby power and charger for the battery. I experienced this on a couple of units (different models) and it is hard too repair unless you can use a soldering iron as the components to replace are surface mount. All surface-mount capacitors in the converter must be replaced.