How to copy a program from one pc to another?

Closed
James - Feb 2, 2010 at 03:44 PM
 dave - Sep 9, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Hello,
Ok, this is the situation. I have a new notebook, it has no disk drive. My older previous laptop did, and on that laptop I copied a program called sage instant accounts from the disk provided. How do you copy the program from the old laptop to the new one so that once it has been copied I can install it as a complete program, i.e. as it would appear if I actually loaded the program disk. I will be using a 10GB USB pen as the storage for the program between both laptops.

I have already tried copying the complete 'sage instant accounts' from the 'computer software file' on the old laptop, and it looks like all the correct files have been transfered. But now what? How do I install the copied program (which appears as many individual files) so that it will run on my new laptop and create the shortcuts on my home screen ect...

Any ideas would be great, I guess the short answer would be to purchase an external USB disk drive!

Cheers guys, James
Related:

2 responses

how do I transfer sage instant accounts from my old laptop to my new laptop without a program disc?
how do I transfer sage instant accounts from my old laptop to my new laptop without a program disc?