Explorer Error

Closed
Curley - Sep 25, 2008 at 08:34 PM
 Anonymiter - Sep 26, 2008 at 03:29 AM
Hello, have a problem i explore.exe application error. The instruction at 0x7c901010 reference memory at
0x02d4066c. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program.

Goggle indicates that it is Mal Ware and suggest running Hi Jack This. However I am unable to get on
the internet with any program. (Explorer, MSN, Comcast, Firefox etc). I worked with tech support
of Comcast, went through all they had on their list and they couldn't go any further other than
suggesting a tech shop..

Laptop hard driver capacity 70.3GB with 15.0 GB used and 55.3 GB Free.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you
Related:

1 response

Easiest solution would be taking it to a local tech. I'd say stay away from geek squad and go for a private business or individual but both may be a bit costly and time consuming. However, it would be simple and almost certain to get everything running.

Another solution would be to download whatever program or virus scanner available or recommended and burn it to a CD or upload it to a flash drive and transfer it to the PC that doesn't have internet access.

Its also important to note the difference between explorer.exe and iexplorer.exe. Explorer.exe is the program that displays the windows icons, start bar, and windows. IExplorer.exe is Internet Explorer and only your web browser. If I understood your statement correctly it appears to be the browser. If that is the case you can download a new version of IE7(Internet Explorer 7) or an alternative browser such as FireFox. And to get the download on your PC just use the previous solution.

Someone else may have a more in depth understanding and explanation of how to fix it but those may be some simple ways to solve or get around the problem as well.