LOGGING OFF AFTER LOGGING ON

Closed
GUNNER - Feb 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM
 GUNNER - Feb 14, 2010 at 07:56 PM
Hello,
I have had the same problem recently installed antivirus software and may have deleated a needed file. I am logged off right after logging on, I have tried repairing to no avail, Safe Mode does not work either . I tried the EXPAND E\i386\userinit.ex_C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32, but after I push ENTER, I get The path or file specified is not valid or There is no floppy disk or CD in the drive, message depending whether I choose E or F......Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
Gunner

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 14, 2010 at 04:23 AM
Hi there,

You should make a system repair by booting from windows installation cd and select repair,more help and instructions s given on link below from Faq:

https://ccm.net/faq/516-repairing-windows-xp-using-cd-installation

Thanks
Hello,

Thanks for the reply to my post , unfortunately I have tried the Repair Mode as you had suggested but still I get into the "Logging on and off" loop still, no change in the symptoms, I was curious if I might be able to partition a second Installation, or will that cause boot up problems, I am trying to avoid losing all of my pictures and documents on the drive or if there might be another solution through the resource CD in that DOS mode .

Thanks Again
Gunner