HTTP 400 Bad Request

Closed
Stephanie - Feb 15, 2010 at 10:55 AM
 Sunny - Jul 13, 2010 at 05:29 AM
Hello,
I am receving the HTTP 400 Bad Request on my computer when I log into my work website. I can log into my work website without a problem but the problem starts when I click on the link at the top to Claim work for the day.

This is where I receive the error. Another interesting thing is that it only works with my current home internet connection. If I go to a relatives house and my computer without any changes being made to it I can click on the claims link without a problem. It seems to be my internet at home only. I dont get it. I'm completely frustrated. This is the only site it does it on and it does it almost all of the time. Sometimes, however, on my internet connection it will allow me to open the link without a problem but this is not very often. I've done the registry cleaner thing. I use virus scan all the time. I don't get it, any tips and easy ways to fix it? I have turned the friendly HTTP message off under internet options, nothing is working.

Any idiot proof ways to fix the problem?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 15, 2010 at 06:57 PM
I suspect it might be a problem with a closed port on your modem or router. Since the laptop works at another house it can only be something to do with your internet connection. Do you have an IT staff person at your work site. Ask him if your work software uses VPN (Virtual Private Network) software and needs a specific port open on your router.

Good Luck
Jean-François Pillou Posts 18707 Registration date Monday February 15, 1999 Status Webmaster Last seen February 16, 2023  
Feb 15, 2010 at 05:15 PM
Do you have any antivirus or firewall like TrendMicro or Symantec ?
Do all other websites act the same ?
Hello, I am receving the HTTP 400 Bad Request on my computer when I log into my work website. I can log into my work website without a problem but the problem starts when I click on the link at the top to Claim work for the day. This is where I...
Don't open that site. It can harm your system

Sumit 007