Can't get into Safe Mode with a virus

Closed
shane_85 - Feb 15, 2010 at 05:26 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 16, 2010 at 07:18 AM
Hello,

We got a virus the other night it popped up as a security alert trying to sell an antivirus program I cannot run my antivirus against it. Now when I try to go to Safe Mode I can't move the cursor up? I have tried other keyboards but once I hit F8 to go to the menu its like the keyboard doesn't work?????? Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

shane_85
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Feb 15, 2010 at 05:38 PM
Hello,

It seems that you have an urgent situation on your hands.

Please download, install this utility, Malwarebyre, and run a Full Scan.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Let us know if the problem has been resolved.

Good luck
Hello,

I can't even get into windows to run malwarebytes? I have tryed to repair windows, but my computer doesn't even read the disc?

Thanks,
shane_85
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Feb 16, 2010 at 07:18 AM
Hello Shane,

Please bare with me and correct me if I am wrong.

When you say that you cannot open Windows to run Malwarebyte it is because Malwarebyte is on your computer already?

When you say you can't get into Windows you do not have access to your applications or shortcuts on your desktop?

When you say that you have tried to repair Windows, is it that you have attempted a non-destructive system restore?

Should I request a Hyjackthis report http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/ you could not produce it? If you can, I would most appreciate it.

Please, what is or are your antivirus, security system that you have?

What do you presume is the cause of your infection? Ie. downloaded application, browsing an infected site? Which one? (If my question is not indiscreet. I just want to indentify the malware, once identified we can better find a remedy to irradicate it.)

Since that you say that you do not have access to Malwarebyte, I suggest to you that first we must stabilize your system. It seems however that your Explorer.

Please Shane, since you have Internet Explorer I suggest that we perform an online scan. Kaspersky's is not available for the moment but a good alternative is F-Secure.

Please follow the hyperlink below and run the scan.

After the scan is over, I would appreciate your feedback.

If need be, I will request advice from our fellow members many are really top-notch in security and virus irradication. (Three heads are better than two).

Looking forward to read you again

Best regards