Vista Internet Security 2010 Won't Remove!

Solved/Closed
Manda - Feb 19, 2010 at 05:48 PM
 MCB - May 21, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to remove this annoying Vista IS2010. No luck. Every time I try to it open something it says 'This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.'
I was trying to run the spyware that removes it, and when it downloads that popup comes up and I'm not able to remove it, it closes it out. Any help? PLEASE?! This thing is killing me. Is it the virus thing doing this? Or do I have to set up an association?
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Mar 2, 2010 at 06:04 AM
Personal Security is getting to be an epidemic. Some people have list their internet connection and all of their desktop. I understand your despair.

The evil application is self protective and will prevent running antimalware tools including Hyjackthis which is a rather simple tool.

Here are multiple suggestions for in the beginning we can try to fool this rogue Trojan.

We must first end the security tool process:

To kill the processes:

1. Download to your desktop and run Rogue Kill:

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

2. You should now see a window that shows all of your desktop icons, including the rkill.com program.

3. Double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with the Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step.

If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by the Horse when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate the processes . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running.

As a matter of a fact, if you get messages, it is a sign that the virus is agonizing with excrutiating pain, so you can just grin while it is suffering!:)))

Please, DO NOT REBOOT your computer or the processes will come back to haunt you!

Download to your desktop Malwarebyte.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Once on your desktop, we must still outwit the virus.

Right click on the MBAM icon and click on rename. Rename it kioskea.exe.

Install Malwarebyte and launch it. From the second tab, update it.

Pretty please, request a FULL system scan which should take more than hour. Once the scan is finish, delete all of item that were found.
Thanks Ambucias, I tried several ways to access the internet but that vista i.s. 2011 wouldn't let me. I went into safe mode, then network mode and tried to delete some files in the registry. The only website it let me on was yahoomail. Even from there I could not access any other sites or internet downlaods. After several hours I finally went into control panel and found a back up check point. Backed up files and that vista i.s. 2011 was taking over my puter again. It was slow and sluggish but I was able to work the browser and download malwarebytes as you advised. After 1 hour scan 37 problems deleted my puter seems to be ok. Time will tell?
Thanks again!
Update... After 1 day that crazy vista i,s, took over my computer again. It wouldn't let me open my saved version of malwarebytes. I had to uninstall malwarebites the again go back to a restore point. Strange this time I could only go back to March 16 2011 where as before was able to go back to restore point Feb. 11 2011. Reloaded malwarebytes and this time it came up with 26 problems to be deleted. Anyway think I'll purchase the malwarebytes license version considering the price... half of the vista i.s. Copy right or not I'll never buy anything vista related just for the fact it's so wrong to treat me that away! ')))
April 2nd the vita i.s. takes over my computer again.... Tried to uninstall it manually wasting several hours finally gave up.... Went back to March 1st restore point. Bought malwarebytes... Will let you know how it goes.........
All's well ends well so far after purchasing and installing upgraded malwarebytes. The free version worked for me about a week then would fail. But the buyer upgraded version for price is awesome! I am in no way a monetary profit for malwarebytes instead I am a super happy customer for the PRICE it's unbeatable for basic computer operator trying clean and protect personal computers. Thanks again to malwarebytes.com and this web page and Ambucias for their help restoring and saving my computer operation system. I learned a great deal and saved a large wad of money! MCB