VISTA INTERNET SECURITY 2010

Solved/Closed
RIS - Feb 23, 2010 at 08:36 PM
 ravi - Mar 12, 2010 at 07:18 PM
Hello,
My lil brother opened his laptop and had Vista internet security 2010 pop up. Hes not sure how it got on his pc do to his uncle using it earlier in the day. I am running our CA Anti-Virus right know. The vista internet security keep popping messages up such as stealth intrusion, security breach. and so on. I can not get the computer to go online. First time experiencing this virus. How to remove with out getting online is my main question and how do i stop it. My brother is very upset and depends on me to remove it. Any help would be great. this is his only means to do his school work.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Feb 24, 2010 at 07:05 AM
Hello,

It seems that your brother's computer is infected by a rogue virus which in effect is a scam to get to purchase it.

Manually removing the virus, I am afraid, is possible but painstaking as processus must be stopped and many registry entries deleted.

I suggest you follow the instructions on the following link, if you do, you will succeed in cleaning your brother's computer.

I would much appreciate if you give me some feedback.

Here is the link:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool
hey man

thanks a million and more. i just cant express enuf thanks to you in words or in writing. this BS vista internet fake security program was killing me and i didnt have a clue what to do.
you helped me out, thanks so much. i will consider buying the program you recommended. you are great! thanks and have a nice weekend!

Best regards
ravi