Computer won't start

Closed
Colan - Oct 1, 2008 at 12:34 PM
 drewdotcom - Oct 2, 2008 at 07:05 AM
Hi all. It seems that I'm not the first person to have this problem. I have a HP dv2000 laptop. My computer was acting really strange for a few days, ie. going really slow and freezing up, so the day that I was going to install and run Ad-Aware, I started having this problem. I knew that there was some kind of Trojan Generator on my computer but I didn't bother to write it down. At this point, I've been trying to get ahold of a Windows XP boot disk so I can run in boot mode and get rid of that Trojan. If anyone has any helpful hints of a walkthrough or anything at all, PLEASE contact me so I can have my computer back. Thanks in advance!

Colan.

1 response

Hi Colan

When you switch on your laptop
get your finger over the F8 key as soon as your computer shows life press and hold the key until beep is heard
then release the key

the screen will have several options for you to use

You are looking for
LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION
use the up down arrow keys to highlight Last KnowGood

and press enter

this will reboot your laptop
get your self on ebay for the boot cd that you require

you can get the very cheaply too

ok
stop those trojans etc
log on to

https://www.majorgeeks.com/

scroll down to the search box

I am now giving you three great programs to help you
THESE ARE ALL FREE

the first is an ultra fast
Downloader called DAP which incorporates a fileflyer attach and send file on emails FREE upto 1gb
also incorporates a root protector
this is the first program you want to down load and install as it will speed up the downloading of all programs after insalling it
PS to get the fileflyer you must opt to give your email address to dap for the odd advert and then you get the fileflyer for free
DAP downloads to its own proper file called my completed downloads
which there will be this file created on your desk top
no need to spend and waste time trying to track down where your downloads have gone
files will only go to this file if you opted to save and not open at download time

the second is an anti virus program AVG FREE 8

the third is an anti spy etc called SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY

in fact I will give 5 more that are useful as well that you can run alongside these others too

wise reg cleaner
wise disk cleaner

piriform CCleaner this is a great cleaner that can be set to wipe data using 35 passes 5 times stronger than the military use
piriform RECUVA data recuvery tool

Auslogic dick defrag

all available for free not just time limmited either

just type or copy and past each program name into the geeks searchbox download and install
and run them after each visit to the web
also get out of internet explorer browser it is very very weak and suffers constant hacks
alternate between flashpeak slimbrowser and seamonkey or any others you like to keep hackers guessing

your sincerely
Drewdotcom