Exe

Closed
BB - Oct 1, 2008 at 04:39 PM
 griever09 - Oct 1, 2008 at 05:41 PM
Hello,
I got a torogen horse virus that deleted all my exe files. i dont no what to do, i tryed doing a system restore and formeting but i cant because my formating program and system restore program dont have the exe file work? Someone help plz
Related:

3 responses

what do you exactly mean that your .exe files have been deleted? were they deleted or disabled? cause if all the exe files on the system has been deleted the windows vista should not even start.. maybe what you're trying to say is the exe files on the system are not runnin when you're trying to run the exe files.. if that's the case then the problem is the registry.. or if you want a 100% resolution reinstall vista.
Well when i try to run lets say windows washer it says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel. c:/Programe files/ Webroot/ Washer/wwDisp.exe. I have no idea?
well according to the error message that the system is giving you, it seems that a virus has gotten inti the system and deleted the file association of exe files, try going to control panel >> default programs >> then select set default programs, then on the list look for exe, then check what program is set to open all exe files then post it here..