Acer 4810T Windows 7 Quirks!

Closed
Boss Chica - Mar 6, 2010 at 12:08 AM
 Victimov Gates - Jul 8, 2010 at 03:22 AM
Hello,

Trying to use Skype as I do with other computers. For whatever reason, since loading Windows 7, having a time to get the record feature to work. There is no sound on replay. Also, cursor abritraily relocates while using the key pad as does the Windows panels. Usually have to move the mouse to get back to the Window I'm working in. Same thing with the cursor.

SOS!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Mar 6, 2010 at 03:18 AM
Hye there,

All you can do is re-installing Skype! Or you just have to get download the latest version of Skype

Please click here:

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/

Then install it

This should fix the problem

Thanks
:o{ Prior to emailing, I did download 4.2. I've since uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem. I can do the call testing, but can't get it to record even though I'm talkiong directly into the mic. I even used my newer ear piece and that doesn't work either (sigh).

I did follow instructions for adjusting sound and adding unseen hardware like the sound mixer. Doing that got Skype to recognize the equipment.

I do not have this problem on my XP or my Vista computers. Unfortunately, neither have a webcam and I need to have that up and running by MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Skype maybe disable non Skype headsets? Is this a Windows issue or a hardware issue?
that did not work. neither did adjusting the speaker and mic options via Windows. SOS!
Victimov Gates
Jul 8, 2010 at 03:22 AM
Have same problem. This time I have promised myself never to let myself fall yet again for all that easy of use and best experience crap from microsoft. Whatever millisecond in speed gained on general use in upgrading is lost a thousand fold sorting out problems that I never had before!