Can not see desk top in normal windows vista

Closed
Tara - Mar 14, 2010 at 05:34 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 14, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Hello,

When I start my laptop the acer screen pops up, then it looks like its trying to start windows vista then screen goes black but there is hard drive movement. I turn off laptop and go into safe mode and i can see desk top i run a chkdisk schedule and prompt to restart, after the restart and chkdisk is finished running the computer seems to be trying to kick in i can even see the vista welcome screen and then the screen goes blank except for the cursor on screen. I ctrl+alt+del to get task manager, file, new task to run and open firefox, this brings up the internert but does not correct desktop even when i run norton 360.

Can someone please help or inlighten me to the possiable problem

Looking forward in your help

regards

Tara
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 14, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Hello,

In your text, you mention the Vista logo but in have entered XP as your OS.

When in safe mode...

If you are using Windows XP perform the following steps:

Click on the Start button and then click on the Run menu item. When the Run box opens, type %UserProfile%\desktop in the open field and then press Enter on your keyboard.

If you are in Windows Vista or Windows 7 perform the following steps.

Click on the Start button and type %UserProfile%\desktop in the Search field at the bottom of the start menu. Then press Enter on your keyboard.