Access Denied for autorun virus

Closed
Booberella - Mar 14, 2010 at 02:29 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 15, 2013 at 06:09 PM
Hello,

I used command prompt to try to delete autorun virus. But I get the message access denied to access it. And it's on my iPod!

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Mar 14, 2010 at 03:44 PM
Hello,

Here is how to remove the virus which also probably infected your machine or vice versa.

You can remove this threat manually, it just take some minutes. Please follow these steps:
•Click on "Start"
•Then "Run"
•Type CMD to open DOS command console
•Type your IPod path letter for example, Type:
F:
then press Enter

Then type :

ATTRIB -H -S -R Autorun.inf
HIT Enter

You will notice the autorun file will appear in your Ipod then delete it, right click and delete.

Repeat the same procedure to remove the autorun.inf file from your C: and D: partitions!

Restart your computer

Regards
The above is not an answer and I am having the same problem...trying to delete the Autorun.inf file from the cmd prompt simply reesults in an access denied error.

Similarly trying to delete the file from windows explororer demands that I am an administrator.
I am running in my administrator account.

I can delete and restore any other file on the pendrive, just not Autorun.inf

cheers

r
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Sep 15, 2013 at 06:09 PM
Of course it's an answer, what do you think it is ? It's just that my answer does not fit your purpose.

Not answer... I can't believe it !

I'll be nice, go to this Kioskea download page;

Download and run autorun exterminator, run as admin:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/

Good luck