Dell inspirion LCD cracked for no reason

Closed
cocoloco - Mar 14, 2010 at 09:30 PM
 julie - Jun 5, 2010 at 09:49 AM
Hello,
My daughter got a Dell inspirion nickeldeon mini for Christamas 2009. It has always been used at a computer desk and well taken care of. Today when she opened it up and turned it on, the LCD screen appeared cracked and all blue with lines across the entire screen. It was never dropped and nothing fell on it so we believe it may be a manufacturing malfunction. I have read that others have experienced this same problem. I'm not looking forward to contacting Dell. Its only been 3 months, so shouldnt the LCD screen be considered hardware and be under the 1 year warranty? Any input would be welcome. Thanks kellt
Related:

1 response

If this is a laptop, return the item or let them repair it.. i had a similar experience with ASUS lcd. I have searched the internet and the screen might have been damaged from the time they are shipping the item. The crack will suddenly appear after a few months of usage. I have confirmed this with a friend that had worked for a comapny that is selling computer chips. And the above mentioned situation does happen.