SD Card Not Recognizing & More

Solved/Closed
winterhammer - Oct 8, 2008 at 09:09 AM
 lala - Jun 9, 2010 at 09:28 PM
Hello,
Need help with some critical data recovery from my SD Card. I use an SD card in my phone to store tons of personal data (passwords, a/c numbers etc). Today suddenly the SD card has stopped functioning. When i put the card in the phone, the phone does not read (recognize?) the card at all. It is like the card is not there at all.

Next i tried the SD slot in my Sony Vaio. The reader has a solid green light for abt 5 secs and then light turns off. The windows explorer does not recognize the card in the drive.

Next i tired a Multi-card reader connected via USB. When i place another card (CF Card) in CF card slot, the reader works just fine for both read and write. Next when i inserted the problematic SD card in the SD slot, the entire card reader becomes "unrecognized". In windows explorer none of the drive letter are displayed, including the CF card slot/Drive.

Please help. i some how need to atleast get the data off the SD card.

Thanks in advance.
Related:

4 responses

DITTO !! Just got a Kingston 32GB SDHC for use in a Panasonic HMC-150. On it's second day of use - after shooting for an hour - I get a "check card" message. Reinserted, restarted, nothing but a check card message. Card wouldn't show up on a card reader. Like there's nothing there. My old Panasonic SD card shows up.
I am having the same problem - have you found a solution yet?
kindly email me if you know how to fix this problem.. thank you :) notorioshielamarie@yahoo.com