Explorer.exe problem :(((

Closed
Sara - Oct 8, 2008 at 04:14 PM
 HoneyD - Aug 14, 2009 at 09:16 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with explorer.exe. There is very often message windows needs to be closed sorry for the inconvenience. Then when I see deatils about it shows this : AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: shell32.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2800.1106 Offset: 0016c27f
Please can somebody help I can do anything it just shows this message.

Thanx in advance :).

4 responses

Hope I'm not fashionably too late. F8 start-up. Run dos. Place your xp cd into drive. type "sfc /scannow" at prompt.
Hi in my personal experiences i discover that my error was related with avi file in particular.
I saw that others avi file were not affected.

Microsoft recommends installing the services pack 3 in order to fix the problem.
In my particular case i just converted the file into another format.
You need to get windows vista because windows xp was rushed and there are lots of glitches some of these problems can be fixed but your case is one of many that can't be fixed

if you wish to get windows vista your best bet is to contact microsoft and order windows vista home premium

best luck

dan
What a horribly ignorant and insignificant answer!
I have seen many solutions and answers but I have had this happen to me twice, both times it was the h264codec ! 1st time it was from avs converter and today it came from my pinnacle software. pinnacle was fine TILL i disconnected it and then it gave problems on the codec.
So everyone having these problems, do a search on your computer for the codec and uninstall that program or if possible just the codec.