Boot Problem

Solved/Closed
BobLan66 - Mar 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM
 BobLan66 - Mar 22, 2010 at 01:03 PM
After installing a new piece of software I shut down my computer. When Brining it back up, you can hear the drive powering up, the fan is turning and the power light is on. In about 2 seconds, than powers itself down.
I tried removing the power cord and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, then turning it back on. Did not work. Boot hangs at DELL BIOS access screen prior to attempting to load windows. Normaly it does a system check, but do not see this happening.

The computer's drivers are all up to date. It was working correctly prior to shutting down

Can anyone shed some insight on how I can get this to boot?

BobLan66
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Mar 21, 2010 at 02:22 AM
Hi there,

Boot in safe mode and uninstall the last installed software or make a system recovery to fix the issue.

Thanks
You would never guess what was causing yje problem. My son Jason came over to take a look at it. We cleaned it out, cleaned contacts, twsted the power supply and tested the computer having the same boot problem. We could not boot in safe mode because the system would shut down to quickly and the Dell screen displaying F12 and F1 options were frozen upon being displayed. He started removing hardware and attempting boot. To make a long story short, upon removing the USB Hub, it booted fine, Reconnect it, it wouldn't boot. I replaced the USB Hub with a power hub and it worked just fine,

We will consider this closed.