SAMSUNG Corby PRO jar file install problem

Solved/Closed
puchu - Mar 22, 2010 at 04:36 AM
 Adam Asumo - Mar 30, 2013 at 06:25 AM
I have a SAMSUNG Corby PRO 5310(touch screen QWERTY) phone.

My problem is whenever I try to install a jar file , the phone says that unsupported file format.
Is there a specific way of installation of these softwares ? I used to have a nokia and a samsung phone previously. They could easily install jar files but this Corby pro is giving problem.

Please help.
Related:

7 responses

Installation procedure for application/software/game. in SAMSUNG Corby (GT-B5310).

1. Create a new text document(on desktop right click > new > text document)

2. In that paste this.

<html><body><a href="_______">install _______</a></body></html>

#Write ur application/software/game name in the space provided.

for example
<html><body><a href="operamini.jar">install operamini.jar</a></body></html>

#Here operamini.jar is name of the application/software/game that is going to get installed.

#Remember that the name of the application/software/games should be same with that u write here.

#If your .JAR file name is operamini.jar then in the space provided you should type operamini.jar

3. Now rename that file to abc.html and copy both the files (''abc.html'' and the file you want to install) to a folder via Cable to the phone.

4. open abc.html in ur phone and the file you want to install is installed
is this same solution applies to Samsung s3310, becoz I tried it... but doesnt help :( any other work around to install in s3310???
will this work for rar files?
if this dosent den wat to do?
Rohan u r the man .... Genius ....

Appriciate your effort ... Keep up the gud work .
hey thanx a lot!:)
Hi, to install the jar file on a corby pro mobile, follow the below steps -
1. Create a new text document(on desktop right click > new > text document)

2. In that paste this.

<html><body><a href="_______">install _______</a></body></html>

#Write ur application/software/game name in the space provided.

for example
<html><body><a href="operamini.jar">install operamini.jar</a></body></html>

#Here operamini.jar is name of the application/software/game that is going to get installed.

#Remember that the name of the application/software/games should be same with that u write here.

#If your .JAR file name is operamini.jar then in the space provided you should type operamini.jar
3. Now send both the html and .jar files to your mobile either by using cable or bluetooth.
4. Run the .html file and from their it will prompt to install the sofware.
the code is wrong .. try this
<html><a href="****.jar">****</a>html>

this will surely do .. and tell me what error u get.
IT's SO simple ...
Jun 28, 2010 at 01:17 PM
than a lot bro ...

thanx thanx tanx

keep good work going ...

And hates off yaar ...
make a folder and put the game jar file .
make a html file in that folder . open the html file with notepad and type the following
<html><a href="/****.jar">****</a>html>

replace the **** with jar file name . then put the folder in your corby and run the html file , click the **** that will appear .. thats all :)
I have already done that, but still the problem persists. I have even tried it with the web server on my PC.
thank you this trick is working on my mobile
it is very usefull information now it was working fine.... thanks for ur information in this I installed 100 number of jar files thanks machi....
this is working on my mobile

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Mar 22, 2010 at 07:47 AM
HI there,

Link below from Faq will give you instructions for installation:

https://ccm.net/faq/1016-installing-a-game-on-a-samsung-mobile-phone

Thanks
ok just go on update corby pro b5310.and chang ur model no.or just connect internet on ur mobile go on getjar and download game and softwear cosult me on aman21hassan@gmail.com
Why do I need to consult anybody and why did I ask the question at the first place if I can go to getjar.com
gud trikk buddy!!
works on ma corby !!
yaar m nt able to install software aaplications on my corby pro plzz help me out
Cool trick Rohan! I tried many things to open my jar in corby pro.. none worked.. ur trick finally worked for me! Thanks a lot!!
Just go to www.getjar.com from your PC and select a file you want to download, it will ask you weather you want to download it for your PC or for your mobile. After choosing your option it will tell you the procedure.
Moreover, to download any file on corby pro you have to download it by using gprs on your mobile itself. Then it will be succesfully downloaded if the mobile supports that particular file.