Windows xp not install blue screen

Closed
raju - Mar 23, 2010 at 08:06 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 23, 2010 at 04:14 PM
Hello,
I tried to install windows xp professional on my acer system. I made my first bootable device as cd rom and the second as HDD. The system boots from the cd and shows that setup is loading the files. And immediately after that a blue screen pops up and says a message. I'm not able to move further. the message states something like this setup could not continue if this is the first time...........chect for viruses on ur computer......run chkdsk-f....and so on....
So please somebody help me out in solving out this issue.How can I install windows.Is it possible. I am waiting for ur reply.....
Thanks a lot in advance.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 23, 2010 at 04:14 PM
If this is a newer laptop - you probably have a problem with the advanced SATA hard drive controller. XP does not have the driver for the SATA controller. You can Google "slipstream" and "nlite" the process of adding the driver to the Windows CD and the program needed to add it. You will also have problems with the video, sound and ethernet drivers for your laptop. I suggest you buy a copy of Windows 7 and forrget about XP.

Good Luck