Help! Laptop Says I Have No Audio Output

Closed
Cristina - Mar 24, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Stu Fletcher Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010 - Jul 19, 2010 at 03:18 AM
Hi, I own a Compaq Presario f700 (Vista) laptop that I have had since March of 2007. I have never had any problems with my laptop up until now. I had downloaded the Veoh (web) player, and DivX web player/player/converter/codec pack, and Google chrome about two to three months ago and suddenly decided I needed to clean up my computer since it would freeze or become laggy when I tried to watch a video. Google chrome one day said that the flash player has become inresponsive and asked me if I would like to end that, so I clicked yes and next thing I know.. my audio is no longer around.. I have a little red circle with a white x next to the speakers upon all of this happening I decided to get rid of all of those programs. After that, I tried going to the Device Manager.. but I can not find a sound driver, the only thing I can find is under System Devices, and that would be the System speaker. I tried uninstalling and updating. My sound came back one time, and while I was listening to music in iTunes, it began to become inresponsive and I once again lost my audio. I can not recall downloading anything but AIM at the time. Help!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 24, 2010 at 05:16 AM
Hi there,

Open run and type msconfig,then on general tab select startup normally ,apply ,press ok and restart machine.

Thanks
Stu Fletcher Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010
Jul 19, 2010 at 03:18 AM
Solution
1. Click Start, type Services.msc OR on some systems just Services in the Start Search box.

2. Scroll down the list of services, right-click Windows Audio and select Start.

3. Select Properties for Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to Automatic.

If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their Startup Type is set to Automatic.

*Plug and Play
*Multimedia Class Scheduler
*Windows Audio Endpoint Builder