Picture printing jumps in Word 2007

Closed
Mike - Oct 11, 2008 at 11:08 PM
 MiBeloved - Jul 8, 2009 at 04:00 PM
Hello,
Is there a solution to the problem of pictures jumping from placed positions in a document in Word 2007. I can get these pictures placed where I want them in a document.but when printed, the pictures jump to left about 1 inch.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 12, 2008 at 12:50 AM
You might have a problem with the printer default margins. Word talks to the printer driver/printer and reformats the page before sending it to the printer.

I always place the picture in a text box - I find I have fewer problems that way.
Thanks for the advice, I would have never figured that out. Mike
I found the same on my pc - it corrects itself selecting a different printer, my question now: Where did you change your settings to eliminate this concern?
Chris,
As far as I know the only way to improve the communication between a printer and a computer is to make sure that you get all the updates from both the computer maker and the printer maker. If you do that and still have problems, then you should call the printer or go to their web site and find out from them what to do. Usually they will send you to microsoft to get a particular update.

There is one other thing though and that is to pdf the Word file but pdf it with Microsoft's pdf add in which is given free from their website if your Word software is legal. This will pdf exactly as it is , because if you pdf with Adobe Acrobat or some other system, pages and/or images might jump.
Once you pdf it will print as is on any printer,

When you use Microsoft's pdf, Word will not be able to read that even though that will be done through Word software but Acrobat reader will read it. In other words, Microsoft pdf add-in will make a pdf from a Word file but it cannot read that file.

When you download the pdf system from Microsoft Downloads, it will latch on to Word automatically. So when you go to the save as, it will show pdf as one of your options.