Wierd Noises, Now Wont Start & a Red Light

Closed
BlackRob183 - Oct 12, 2008 at 06:38 PM
 BlackRob183 - May 13, 2009 at 09:15 PM
Hello,
First my computer would start shutting down randomly and the internal speaker would make weird noises until I flipped the switch in the back of the computer and then just restarted it back up.

Well today it did that but now it won't start back up and I have some extra (2 ports) USB port plugged in the back of the computer that plugs in like a video and sound card and what not. Anyway it came with a guide a while back that explained the lights that are also on the USB card. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the problem I have by the lights colors? Theres 4 lights on the USB card and the top left is Red and the other 3 are Green, the computer gets to the first startup screen where you can enter the setup screen and boot screens and just hangs.

My guess is something blew and needs to be replaced but what would it be if thats the problem?
Related:

4 responses

No the USB extra ports plug in in the back also has 4 lights on it. They are all green when the computer is working fine, if there is a red light out of the 4 then there is something wrong with your PC and you are supposed to read the manual to figure out what the problem is. I'm not saying the USB thing is giving me problems, I'm saying it's telling me whats wrong with my computer but without the manual I cannot figure it out and I have no idea what to search for in a search engine or anything.

As far as the noise goes it won't happen anymore since my PC won't start up now and just hangs at the first screeen. The noise sounds almost like a song but other than that it's hard to explain really. What kind of sounds would there be that you could explain?

It might be the Processor but who knows, like I said without the manual I can't really figure out what went out. Does that explain the USB thing more clearly?
Forget it lol we just got a newer better computer, that one was kinda old anyway. As far as being able to enter the startup, I don't remember but I think it just didn't even start up anymore besides making sounds at startup and thats about it.
Hello anyone? What happened, no one is answering?
Hi Rob, I have had the same error in two occasions before, the first time was because I needed to flash my bios, after I updated the bios the problem was solved, the second time was because of a driver, to fix it I inselted the OS disc and repair it. I hope this could help!!!
jeremy25 56 > PC-gamer
Mar 26, 2009 at 02:36 PM
will it let u enter the start up menu???
tankno Posts 11 Registration date Saturday October 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 7
Oct 13, 2008 at 06:54 AM
hey there the usb hub you are using actually isnt of any problem to your pc and hence can you just tell me what kind of noise is it making if its something like a beep?

because only with this information that i ill be able to tell you what is the problem exactly with your pc? and also can you just tell me what kind of beeps is it short one or long ones?