I cant uninstall PERSONAL SECURITY CENTER sof

Closed
wael - Mar 27, 2010 at 05:40 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 27, 2010 at 08:44 AM
A message wael just been deposited in the concierge.Il concerne le message suivant, posté par parth le Dec 21, 2009 1:50pm GMT
http://ccm.net/...
Here is the problem as it was described :

h want free key
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 27, 2010 at 08:44 AM
Hello, Salam,

I must say that we were first confused as to request because in the first hand the title of your message said "Can't uninstall" and on the second hand you request a free key.

After some thinking, I suspected that you really want to remove Personal Security because your system is infected by a rogue Trojan Horse which is asking you to pay to desinfect your computer. In fact, your are one of the many victims of this scam.

From here on end, I will assume that your operating system is Windows XP.

To remove this rogue virus, we must first end the process which would prevent from running any antimalware tool.

Please follow this procedure:

1. Please reboot your computer in safe mode with networkin.

2. Open My computer, choose Disk C;

3. Find Program Files=>Common Files=>PSecurityUninstall=>Uninstall

4. Run the file Uninstall.lnk

5. Download to your desktop Malwarebyte

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

6. Once on your desktop, just ensure to outwit the rogue if any left, rename MBAM-setup to Kioskea.exe

7. Install Malwarebyte.

8. Open Malwarebyte and from the second tab, update it.

9. Disconnect your modem

10. Please request a FULL system scan which may take 90 minutes or so.

11. Delete the found items.

12. Reboot your computer.

13. Please tell me how successful you were which I believe your will.

Best regards from Canada