Internet sharing on LAN

Closed
cyberb00y - Oct 13, 2008 at 09:32 AM
 braveboypower - Aug 31, 2009 at 01:26 PM
Hello, I have some problem in networking. I connect 2 home pcs through cat 6 cable, both lan cards working properly. i can access both pcs well thourgh networking. Ping respond well, the only problem is that when i'm trying to browse the internet on PC 2 (which is not connected directly to DSL modem) explorer its not working. I'm using Windows XP, my PC 1 connected with DSL modem. n PC 2 is connect through LAN with PC 1. on PC 1 and PC 2 workgroup name is same but computer names r different. i put the ip address as follow on PC 1 ((194.164.0.1)) while on PC 2 ((194.164.0.2)). Mask ip r same. I also enable {{Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection}}. but still no browsing on PC 2. I restart n refresh the setting alot of times but no respond. So, if u guyz have any idea plz help me.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 13, 2008 at 12:42 PM
I would buy a router and set-up each pc to automatically acquire IP addresses. Run the DSL modem into the router and plug the PC's into the router. You could even get one with a built-in wireless access point if you want to use a wireless laptop in the future. there are some good deals since manufacturers are unloading wireless-G boxes since they are converting to wireless-N (wireless-G will work just fine with a DSL connection).
braveboypower
Aug 31, 2009 at 01:26 PM
Dear

U need two nic card on attached dsl modem desktop..& one nic for other sharing desktop
ok
then u turn on internet sharing on attached dsl desktop

set u r ip

& go to browsing

ok
bye
braveboypower@yahoo.com