Netscape Works but Internet Explorer doesn't

Closed
NP - Oct 14, 2008 at 03:37 PM
 rain - Jan 19, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Hello Guys,

I had a problem that started about a month ago.

Internet Explorer and some online applications such as Ultimatebet and Counter-strike do not connect to the internet eventhough I know 100 percent that the internet connection is working (i.e. I am doing this on netscape right now).

I dont know how to fix this problem, i tried configuring the explorer settings to automatically detect IP, I tried downloading the new version, however this does not work, And this problem is consistent on any wireless connection I use. thus I believe it is a setting in my computer or something like that.

If you have any ideas or tips Please let me know as I really want to resollve this asap.

Thank you,

NP
Related:

2 responses

I had the same problem and searched a lot and finally the best solution which worked for me.
go to internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > ConnectionsTab
on this screen click to "LAN Settings" at the bottom
at new window Check "Automatically detect settings"
and
uncheck the "Use a proxy server bla bla bla"

thats all, so try Smile
You are my new BFF!!! I tried EVERYTHING and many advices and NOTHING worked until I did what you said! thank you!!!!!!!! It finally worked!!!! You are a GOD send
This worked for me! Thanks a million!!! =)
This was great! Thanks!
I thought this was going to take me hours to figure out. You gave me a whole afternoon of my life back.
Wonderful! Thank you
Hi,

Go to start-> run...regsvr32 actxprxy.dll, if the message says succeded- you are all set. I just fixed mine!!! Works like a charm!
I had the same problem and i followed Tash's advice of typing in "regsvr32 actxprxy.dll" in the run window and it worked for me as well. Took 1 min to fix after searching for hours on my own. Thanks Tash!!!